- 1 c Julienne strips of cooked beef, veal, or lamb
- 1 c Julienne strips of baked or boiled ham
- 1 tb Minced onion
- 6 tb salad oil
- 2 tb cider vinegar
- 1/2 ts pepper
- 1 t minced parsley
- 1/4 c heavy cream or sour cream
- 1 Hard boiled egg, sliced
- 1 Boiled or pickled beet, sliced
- Mix cut meats with onion. Beat together oil, vinegar, pepper and parsley. Stir cream into dressing. Mix with meats combining lightly. Garnish with sliced egg and beet.
Served as a main dish salad.
Everyone loves Sloppy Joes and this comfort food can be ready when you are if you put it in the slow cooker to start off your day.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup onion — chopped
- 1 cup celery — diced
- 1 green pepper — chopped
- 1 garlic clove — minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 beef bouillon cubes — crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can tomato paste — 6 0z.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Heat shortening in skillet and brown meat, discard fat. Combine all ingredients in removable liner, stirring well. Place liner in base. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours; or high 3-4 hours
- Serve over warmed burger buns or noodles.
Whenever possible, use in-season produce to up the flavour ante in this creamy, crunchy cucumber salad. It’s a perfect salad for warm evenings all summer long.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
- Stir sour cream with dill, vinegar and salt in a medium bowl. Season with fresh pepper.
- Add cucumber and stir until coated. Serve immediately.