1/4 c Skim Milk
- 1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- 2/3 c Skim Milk
- 2 lg Eggs, Separated
- 6 tb Sugar
- 1 tb Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 tb Vanilla
- 1 1/2 c Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/3 c Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/8 ts Cinnamon
Pour 1/4 cup skim milk into a blender container; sprinkle gelatin over milk; allow to soften for 5 minutes. Heat 2/3 cup skim milk to boiling point. Pour into blender bowl and blend until gelatin dissolves. Add egg yolks, 4 tb sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Blend at medium speed until well mixed. Add cottage cheese and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until thick. Beat egg whites; add remaining sugar and fold into chocolate mixture. Mix crumbs and cinnamon. Place in an 8″ pie pan. Carefully pour in chocolate mixture and refrigerate. \
Only 105 calories per serving.
- 1 1/2 c Graham Cracker Crumbs; *
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar; Firmly Packed
- 1/3 c Butter or Margarine; Melted
- 8 oz Cream Cheese; Softened, PLUS 3 oz Cream Cheese; Softened
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 ts Vanilla
- 2 ea Egg Whites; Stiffly Beaten
- 16 oz Cherries; Pie, In Water
- 1 x Red Food Coloring
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1 tb Cornstarch
*20 Graham crackers, crushed, should give you this amount of crumbs.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, the brown sugar and butter in a small bowl, blending well. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Beat the two packages of cream cheese in a bowl using an electric mixer set on medium speed, until smooth. Gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar and the vanilla, blending well. Gently fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the brown sugar pie crust. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool on a wire rack. Drain the cherries, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice. Combine the reserved juice with a few drops of red food coloring, 1/4 cup of sugar, and the cornstarch in a 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Arrange the cherries over the cheese filling, then spoon the glaze over the cherries. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator or until the glaze is set.
- Serve cold.
- 2 Sticks butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cups cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans — optional
- Jar marshmallow creme
- Mix butter,2 eggs and cocoa together. Then,add and mix in vanilla
extract, 2 eggs,flour and pecans,if desired. Put into a greased 11 x 14″ pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from
oven. While cake is hot, spread 3/4 jar of marshmallow creme on top.
- 1 stick butter
- 6 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup medium chopped pecans
Mix and spread over marshmallow topping
Take a sip of this unbelievably rich hot chocolate and you’ll discover how great slow-cooking can be for hot chocolate.
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 (6-oz.) pkg. (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 quarts (8 cups) milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Whipped cream
- Miniature marshmallows
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate cookie crumbs
- In 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker, combine unsweetened chocolate, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk; mix well.
- Cover; cook on High setting for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- With wire whisk, stir in 2 cups of the milk until smooth. Gradually stir in remaining 6 cups milk and vanilla.
- Cover; cook on High setting an additional 2 hours or until hot.
- Just before serving, stir mixture again with wire whisk. Reduce heat setting to Low; have guests ladle hot chocolate into cups and top as desired.
These crepes are delicious and very rich. They aren’t an every weekend recipe but a lot of fun for special occasions. Be sure you have at least 1 hour to prepare.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- Place the eggs, milk, water, melted butter, flour, and salt in the pitcher of a blender; blend until smooth.
- Blend the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe. Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Flip over when the batter is set and the edges are beginning to brown. Cook until the other side begins to brown. Stack finished crepes on a plate, cover with a damp towel and set aside.
- To serve, fill each crepe with 1/4 cup sliced strawberries and 1/3 cup of the cream cheese filling, roll up and top with a small dollop of the cream cheese filling and more sliced strawberries.