- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Chili Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 package (5 oz.) Spring Mix
- 1 package (16 oz.) Cooked Shrimp, 71/110 count, peeled, deveined, thawed and blotted dry
- 1 avocado, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 11/2 cups grape tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make dressing, stir together mayonnaise, chili sauce and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Put greens, shrimp, avocado and tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Add as much dressing as desired and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among plates.
Serve the salad with ciabatta breads.
- 3 ea Tomatoes; Medium, *
- 1/2 c Green Onions w/tops; Sliced
- 1/2 c Green Bell Pepper; Chopped
- 2 tb Lime Juice; Or To Taste
- 2 tb Cilantro; Fresh, Snipped
- 1 tb Jalapeno Chile; Finely Chop
- 1 ts Garlic; Finely Chopped
- 1/2 ts Salt
* Tomatoes should be seeded and chopped (about 3 cups total)
Mix all ingredients.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups Salsa.
Jordon loves Big Macs but since he started chemotherapy, he can’t keep down a lot of breads. So this easy to make salad means he can enjoy a Big Mac again and I can premake it and have some ready when he is.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine beef and steak seasoning, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twenty 1/2-in.-thick patties. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, burgers, cheese, croutons, tomato, onion and pickles. Serve with salad dressing.
Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, cook frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 160°. Yield: 4 servings.