1/4 c Skim Milk
- 1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- 2/3 c Skim Milk
- 2 lg Eggs, Separated
- 6 tb Sugar
- 1 tb Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 tb Vanilla
- 1 1/2 c Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/3 c Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/8 ts Cinnamon
Pour 1/4 cup skim milk into a blender container; sprinkle gelatin over milk; allow to soften for 5 minutes. Heat 2/3 cup skim milk to boiling point. Pour into blender bowl and blend until gelatin dissolves. Add egg yolks, 4 tb sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Blend at medium speed until well mixed. Add cottage cheese and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until thick. Beat egg whites; add remaining sugar and fold into chocolate mixture. Mix crumbs and cinnamon. Place in an 8″ pie pan. Carefully pour in chocolate mixture and refrigerate. \
Only 105 calories per serving.
- 1 1/2 c Graham Cracker Crumbs; *
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar; Firmly Packed
- 1/3 c Butter or Margarine; Melted
- 8 oz Cream Cheese; Softened, PLUS 3 oz Cream Cheese; Softened
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 ts Vanilla
- 2 ea Egg Whites; Stiffly Beaten
- 16 oz Cherries; Pie, In Water
- 1 x Red Food Coloring
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1 tb Cornstarch
*20 Graham crackers, crushed, should give you this amount of crumbs.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, the brown sugar and butter in a small bowl, blending well. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Beat the two packages of cream cheese in a bowl using an electric mixer set on medium speed, until smooth. Gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar and the vanilla, blending well. Gently fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the brown sugar pie crust. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool on a wire rack. Drain the cherries, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice. Combine the reserved juice with a few drops of red food coloring, 1/4 cup of sugar, and the cornstarch in a 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Arrange the cherries over the cheese filling, then spoon the glaze over the cherries. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator or until the glaze is set.
- Serve cold.
When Jordon and I were in college, we used to love going to Red Lobster for their lunch special of all you can eat cheddar biscuits, soup, and salad. This recipe does a good job of replicating the biscuits
For the biscuits:
- Cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 ounces grated yellow cheddar cheese (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
For the garlic butter:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Lightly mist a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Make the biscuits: Pulse the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor. Add the shortening and pulse until combined. Add the butter; pulse 4 or 5 times, or until the butter is in pea-size pieces. Add the cheese and pulse 2 or 3 times. Pour in the milk and pulse just until the mixture is moistened and forms a shaggy dough. Turn out onto a clean surface and gently knead until the dough comes together. Do not overwork the dough or the biscuits will be tough.
- Drop the dough onto the baking sheet in scant 1/4-cup portions, 2 inches apart, and bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic butter: Melt the butter with the garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Brush the biscuits with the garlic butter and serve warm.
- 2 Sticks butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cups cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans — optional
- Jar marshmallow creme
- Mix butter,2 eggs and cocoa together. Then,add and mix in vanilla
extract, 2 eggs,flour and pecans,if desired. Put into a greased 11 x 14″ pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from
oven. While cake is hot, spread 3/4 jar of marshmallow creme on top.
- 1 stick butter
- 6 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup medium chopped pecans
Mix and spread over marshmallow topping