This is a great and quick dinner that is ready in no time flat. We aren’t a big fan of cilantro so I leave that out but I left it in as the original recipe called for it.
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced in 1/2-inch strips (about 20 oz)
- 12 oz uncooked spaghetti, broken in half (from 1-lb box)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias, white and green parts separated
- 1 package (3 1/2 oz) shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chile garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
In 5-quart Dutch oven, mix broth, chicken, spaghetti, bell pepper, green onion whites, mushrooms, butter, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and chile garlic sauce. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 11 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F), pasta is cooked and most of liquid is absorbed. Top with green onion greens, cilantro and sesame seed. Serve with additional soy sauce and chile garlic sauce, as desired.