- 3 ea Tomatoes; Medium, *
- 1/2 c Green Onions w/tops; Sliced
- 1/2 c Green Bell Pepper; Chopped
- 2 tb Lime Juice; Or To Taste
- 2 tb Cilantro; Fresh, Snipped
- 1 tb Jalapeno Chile; Finely Chop
- 1 ts Garlic; Finely Chopped
- 1/2 ts Salt
* Tomatoes should be seeded and chopped (about 3 cups total)
Mix all ingredients.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups Salsa.
I am a terrible breakfast cook. My morning ritual is to stumble around the kitchen and try to remember why I am not in bed. So breakfast recipes are really important to me because without an arsenal of breakfast ideas to make, nothing is getting prepped. This is an easy to make recipe on a weekend morning that the guys love.
- 2 tsp. non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 cup Egg Beaters Southwestern, well shaken
- 4 small flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup Tex Mex Cheez Whiz Cheese Spread
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Melt margarine in small nonstick skillet on medium-low heat. Whisk eggs until blended. Add to skillet; cook 3 min. or until set, stirring occasionally.
- Spread tortillas with Cheez Whiz; top with eggs and avocados. Fold in half.
- Cook quesadillas, in batches, in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 2 min. on each side or until lightly browned on both sides. Serve with salsa.
We love lasagna around here. It has long been a Cooper family favorite. This is a different Mexican version of the long time classic. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups salsa (medium or hot)
- 1-14 oz / 398 ml can re-fried beans
- 1-12 oz / 341 ml can corn (or 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (Cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- 6-8 flour tortillas (ten inch)
- Place ground beef in a deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, then season with taco seasoning and add water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salsa, refried beans and corn; heat through.
- Place about 1/3 cup of meat mixture in the bottom of a round baking dish…quiche pan, cast iron skillet, or round casserole dish.
- Place 1 tortilla at bottom of dish.
- Add a layer of meat mixture (about 2/3 cup); sprinkle with a layer of cheese.
- Continue alternating tortilla, meat mixture and cheese…ending with a thin layer of meat mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Top with a layer of cheese.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand several minutes before serving.
Garnish with olives, guacamole, tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sour cream…as desired.
It’s that time of year again, this is a delicious and easy soup that takes 5 minutes to throw into the crockpot and you have an amazing soup ready for dinner.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- green onions
- diced avocado
- tortilla strips
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, salsa, corn, black beans, water, cumin, and cilantro. Pour over the top of chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Place back into the slow cooker and add shredded cheese. Continue cooking until cheese has melted about 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings.
An easy and fast taco salad that is perfect quick and easy dinner for the entire family.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 (1.25-ounce package) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2/3 cup bottled salsa
- 8 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups (4 ounces) bite-sized baked tortilla chips
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe black olives (unless like me, you hate olives)
- Cook the beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine sour cream and salsa in a small bowl.
- Combine the beef mixture, iceberg lettuce, tortilla chips, tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, and beans in a large bowl. Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the salad, and toss gently. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese and black olives. Serve immediately.
There are times when you want to make nachos as a meal. Whether it is because you are in the mood for a casual meal or the big game is on, this recipe for nachos piled with beef, cheese, jalapeños, and olives will do the trick.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 small tomatoes diced small
- 1 jalapeno sliced.
- 1 package Tex Mex or use 2 cups medium cheddar cheese.
- 1 large bag Nachos
- Salsa & sour cream
- Brown the ground beef with taco seasoning. Set aside
- On a round deep pie plate, start to build and layer all the ingredients in the following order:
- Black Olives
- Chili Powder
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Your deep plate will be heaped. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, waiting till the cheese has melted.
- Serve with side dish of Salsa and sour cream.
- You can vary or adjust your amounts and make a large batch on a cookie sheet.