What do you do with those turkey leftovers? Here is a healthy and tasty salad that is a great option for the days after the holiday.
- 4 cups tightly packed chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup whole wheat croutons
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- Place lettuce on large platter.
- Top with all remaining ingredients except dressing.
- Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
Another really easy to make pasta dish that any seafood lover will enjoy.
- 280 g whole wheat linguine, uncooked
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Pepper with Parmesan Dressing. Kraft makes it.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (650 mL) Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 3/4 cup carrot sticks
- 3/4 lb. (340 g) cooked cleaned large shrimp
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting the salt.
- Meanwhile, heat dressing in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook 1 min. Add pasta sauce and carrots; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 min. Stir in shrimp; simmer, uncovered, 5 min. or until shrimp are done and carrots are crisp-tender.
- Drain pasta; place on platter. Top with shrimp mixture, cheese and basil.
This is so easy and fast to make. From the time you start to the time it is on the table is about 15 minutes. The guys love it.
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. beef stir-fry strips
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup Catalina Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh gingerroot
- 2-2/3 cups hot cooked instant white rice
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat; cook 3 min. or until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli, hoisin sauce, dressing and ginger; stir. Cover. Cook 5 min. or until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
With the boys getting older, life seems to be getting busier. I use this for when they guys need a hearty meal in a hurry. It’s a classic recipe that is fast and easy to make.
- 1 lb. (450 g) extra-lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. (35 g) taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- Brown meat with onions in large skillet; drain.
- Add seasoning mix and water; mix well. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 3 min.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and dressing in large bowl. Add meat mixture and chips; mix lightly.
What an amazing day for a barbecue. This Steak Caesar Salad recipe is perfect for a barbecue with friends or a great way to cook outdoors at the end of a long day at work.
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak (1 lb./ 450 g), 1 inch thick
- 1 pkg. (227 g) torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup Kraft Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup Shredded 4 Cheese Italiano Cheese
- Heat barbecue to medium-high heat. Grill steak 5 min. on each side or until done (160°F). Transfer to cutting board; let stand 5 min.
- Meanwhile, toss lettuce with onions and croutons. Add dressing; mix lightly. Place on 4 serving plates.
- Cut steak into thin slices; place over salads. Sprinkle with cheese.