Skip to content
- 1/2 pkg vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 pkg frozen cooked shrimp (340g), thawed, tails removed
- 12 8-in. (20-cm) rice wrapper rounds
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced into thin 2-in. (5-cm) sticks
- 1 mango, peeled, sliced into long thin wedges
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves 250 mL
- In a large bowl, soak vermicelli rice noodles in cold water for 15 min. Drain well and mix in hoisin sauce. Set aside. Pat shrimp dry with paper towel. Slice shrimp in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Immerse 1 rice wrapper at a time in large bowl of cold water and let stand until soft, about 2 min. Smooth out softened rice paper round on work surface.
- Lay 4 pieces of shrimp in a row in centre of rice wrapper, leaving about 1 1/2 in. (4 cm) space at both ends. Top shrimp with 1/2 cup (125 mL) noodles, 1 tbsp (15 mL) carrot, 2 or 3 cucumber sticks, 2 mango wedges and a few mint leaves.
- Fold edge of rice wrapper nearest to you over filling, tucking in filling as tightly as possible. Fold in both “ends” of the wrapper to seal in filling, continue to roll tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.