If you’ve made chili and queso dip for your Super Bowl party and have both left over, use both to build the ultimate plate of nachos during the game.
- Layer tortilla chips on a plate or dish.
- Scoop on chili, queso dip, and a few tablespoons of sour cream.
- Sprinkle on cilantro. Serve.
Between those spicy chicken wings and guacamole, you need to make room on the Grey Cup snack table for some spicy queso dip. What better time is there to indulge in this creamy, cheesy appetizer than between downs of the biggest football game of the year?
Makes 3 cups
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup pico de gallo, strained from liquid
- 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a sauce pot on medium-high heat, melt butter. Whisk flour with butter and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk. Stir occasionally until mixture thickens. Turn heat to low, and add cheese. Whisk until smooth. Stir in salt, pepper, pico de gallo, chilies and cilantro. Keep warm on low heat.
Can be used as a dip or pour over nachos.
This is a version classic queso dip that has been leveled up. It is a serious crowd-pleaser that is served hot as a dip, spooned over crisp tortilla chips nacho-style, or rolled up in a warm flour tortilla. The heat can be turned up or down with the addition of jalapenos to taste.
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
- 1 (1 pound) loaf processed cheese food such as Velveeta, cubed
- 2 large cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, shredded
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- Place the diced tomatoes, processed cheese, chicken meat, sour cream, green onion, taco seasoning, and jalapeno pepper into a slow cooker. Cook on High, stirring occasionally until the cheese has melted and the dip is hot, 1 to 2 hours. Stir in the black beans, and cook 15 more minutes to reheat.