This comforting and reliable classic features tuna, egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup and peas, topped with a crunchy bread crumb topping.
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup or Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 cans (about 5 ounces each) tuna in water, drained
- 4 ounces (about 2 cups) medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the soup, milk, pimientos, if desired, peas, tuna and noodles in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl.
- Bake the tuna mixture for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Stir the tuna mixture. Sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the bread crumb mixture is golden brown.
It’s a classic stew but lentils give it a whole new taste and make it amazing to come home to on a long cold winter evening.
- 1 roasting chicken, cut into 10 pieces (2 wings, 2 drumsticks, 2 thighs and 4 breast pieces) or a large package of any chicken parts
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped, or 2 baking potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 handful freshly chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup lentils, green, black beluga or French Du Puy
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary or thyme
- Toss chicken pieces into your slow cooker. Top with all the veggies, garlic and lentils. Season with the salt, pepper and bay leaves. Pour in water and mix everything together to ensure the lentils are covered and the flavours are evenly distributed. Cook 8 hours on low.
- Stir in peas, corn and herbs just before serving.
This vegetable ramen noodles recipe is one of the meals that is easy to make for dinner and warms up a cold winter evening.
- 6 packs of ramen (seasoning removed)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 julienne carrots
- 2 red bell peppers; sliced into strips
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bundle of spring onions; chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic; grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Fill a pot with water and set to boil on medium heat.
- In a stir fry pan or wok, add in olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Add in snow peas, carrots, bell pepper, shiitake mushrooms, spring onions (chives saved to the side), and mung bean sprouts. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl and cover with foil.
- Add noodles to boiling water. Cook for no more than 3 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, add in grated ginger and garlic. Add in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and chili garlic sauce. Whisk well. Lower heat on stir fry pan or wok to low. Add in one tablespoon olive oil and add sauce to pan. Cook for about two minutes. Add in noodles and toss until well coated.
- Remove noodles to large bowl and toss with vegetables. Top with fresh chives and serve.