- 2 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons sherry (can use cooking sherry)
- 1/2 cup processed cheese spread (or 1 cup grated cheese)
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- In a large fry pan, melt 1/4 cup (half of the full amount in ingredients) butter and add mushrooms. Fry until browned and the liquid from the mushrooms has reduced.
- Add the mushroom soup, sherry, and processed cheese spread. Stir together until heated through.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl or blender container, beat the eggs together with the milk until well combined.
- In a large fry pan, melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter on medium low heat. Add the beaten eggs and stir until the eggs are just barely cooked. They should be still a bit wet. Don’t overcook.
- Arrange the scrambled eggs evenly in a greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Add the mushrooms and then green onions.
- Pour warm mushroom soup mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar.
- Bake at 250 for 50 minutes.
Add cubed ham or farmer sausage on top of the scrambled eggs before adding the soup if desired.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 4 oz can sliced mushrooms – drained
- 1 clove garlic — minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
4 whole peppercorns
Cream Sauce with Yogurt
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg — slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unflavored yogurt
- dash ground nutmeg
Makes approximately 8 tacos
- Brown turkey and onion in skilllet over medium heat. In Crock-Pot, combine turkey, onion, mushrooms, garlic, tomato paste, cooking wine, parsley, and salt.
- Tie pickling spices and pepperconrs ina cheesecloth bag or tea ball.
- Add to the Crock-Pot; cover and cook on Low 4 to 5 hours. Remove spice bag.
- Prepare C ream Sauce as directed below. Spoon 1/4 cup turkey misture into each taco shell. Top with Cream Sauce.
- In small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and salt. Gradually add milk, stirring continuously. Cook over low heat until thickened. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, combine egg,yogurt, and nutmeg. Stir into hot mixture. Return to heat and cook over low heat for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
This is a great and quick dinner that is ready in no time flat. We aren’t a big fan of cilantro so I leave that out but I left it in as the original recipe called for it.
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced in 1/2-inch strips (about 20 oz)
- 12 oz uncooked spaghetti, broken in half (from 1-lb box)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias, white and green parts separated
- 1 package (3 1/2 oz) shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chile garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
In 5-quart Dutch oven, mix broth, chicken, spaghetti, bell pepper, green onion whites, mushrooms, butter, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and chile garlic sauce. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 11 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F), pasta is cooked and most of liquid is absorbed. Top with green onion greens, cilantro and sesame seed. Serve with additional soy sauce and chile garlic sauce, as desired.
Ever Since Jordon has been diagnosed with cancer, he palette has shrunk considerably. While In Moose Jaw over the long weekend Jordon’s aunts and cousin had us collectively check out the Burger Cabin where Jordon ordered a hamburger with mushroom sauce on it. Not only did he keep it down, he really enjoyed it. Here is a basic mushroom sauce recipe that is similar to what we tried.
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom
- 1teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4teaspoon beef stock (powder)
- 1⁄2teaspoon cornflour
- 1pinch salt & pepper (optional)
- Cut mushrooms in slices.
- In a small pot melt butter (medium to low heat) add mushrooms, stir and cover with lid, cook for 4-5 minutes (check that mushrooms are soft) add stock mixed in 1/2 cup of water, pepper and salt, take to boil, add cornflour mixed in 1/4 cup of water, stir until thick, remove from heat and serve on top of steak or hamburger.
- 1 16 ounce loaf frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup sliced zucchini, halved, and/or green or red sweet pepper pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 8 eggs
- 1/2cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2cups shredded cheddar and/or mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- Bottled salsa (optional)
- Grease a 13-inch pizza pan; set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough into a 14-inch circle. If dough is difficult to roll out, stop and let it rest for a few minutes. Transfer dough to prepared pan. Build up edges slightly. Prick dough generously with a fork. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook zucchini, mushrooms, and, if desired, crushed red pepper in hot oil about 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Remove vegetable mixture and drain.
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs and milk. In the same skillet melt butter over medium heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edge. Using a large spatula, lift and fold partially cooked eggs so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through but still glossy and moist. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the hot crust. Top with scrambled eggs, vegetable mixture, bacon, and remaining cheese. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes more or until cheese melts. If desired, serve with salsa.
SAUSAGE-MUSHROOM BREAKFAST PIZZA:
Prepare as directed, except omit the zucchini or sweet pepper, crushed red pepper, oil, and bacon. After preparing crust, in a large skillet cook 8 ounces bulk pork sausage or Italian sausage and the sliced mushrooms until meat is brown; remove from skillet and drain off fat. Continue as directed in Steps 3 and 4, substituting the sausage-mushroom mixture for the vegetable mixture and bacon.
Per slice: 330 cal., 19 g total fat (8 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat), 207 mg chol., 571 mg sodium, 23 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 19 g pro.
Exchanges: 1.5 Starch, 2 Lean Meat, 2.5 Fat
EASY BREAKFAST PIZZA:
Prepare as directed, except omit the bread dough and Step 1. Substitute one 12-inch Italian bread shell and continue as directed, baking according to the bread shell package. Or substitute one 13.8-ounce package refrigerated pizza dough, baking as directed on the pizza dough package. Follow Steps 24 and complete baking according to package directions.