Skip to content
10 oz Canned pumpkin
- 1/2 c Sour cream
- 1/2 c Cream cheese
- 1 c Sugar
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 2 ts Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ts Ground ginger
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 1/2 c Whipping cream
- 2 Egg whites
- Crystallized ginger — finely chopped
- In a large stainless-steel bowl over a hot-water bath, combine pumpkin, sour cream, cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and ginger.
- Heat water to boiling, beating mixture with hand-held mixer until ingredients are fluffy. Add egg yolks and beat for 3 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip cream with 2 tablespoons sugar, the whipping cream (reserving 1/3 for garnish) into chilled pumpkin mixture, then carefully fold in egg whites. Chill for 4-6 hours. Top with remaining whipped cream and finely chopped crystallized ginger.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
- 2/3 cup water
- 16 ounces light spreadable cream cheese
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (optional)
- 1 14 ounce / 300 ml can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 envelope whipped cream stabilizer (if you are garnishing more than an hour ahead of time)
- Sprinkle gelatin over the water in a small saucepan. Let stand one minute to soften before warming to dissolve over low heat. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate over low heat or in microwave. Add coffee powder and cool to room temperature.
- Beat together cream cheese, chocolate and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in gelatin and then whipped cream. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into 6 individual glasses. Chill 3 hours or until firm.
- Beat together whipping cream with sugar, vanilla, and stabilizer.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and swirl whipped cream over mousse to garnish.
Chill until serving.