- 1 1/2 c Graham Cracker Crumbs; *
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar; Firmly Packed
- 1/3 c Butter or Margarine; Melted
- 8 oz Cream Cheese; Softened, PLUS 3 oz Cream Cheese; Softened
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 ts Vanilla
- 2 ea Egg Whites; Stiffly Beaten
- 16 oz Cherries; Pie, In Water
- 1 x Red Food Coloring
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1 tb Cornstarch
*20 Graham crackers, crushed, should give you this amount of crumbs.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, the brown sugar and butter in a small bowl, blending well. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Beat the two packages of cream cheese in a bowl using an electric mixer set on medium speed, until smooth. Gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar and the vanilla, blending well. Gently fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the brown sugar pie crust. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool on a wire rack. Drain the cherries, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice. Combine the reserved juice with a few drops of red food coloring, 1/4 cup of sugar, and the cornstarch in a 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Arrange the cherries over the cheese filling, then spoon the glaze over the cherries. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator or until the glaze is set.
- Serve cold.
- ¾ Pound (12 oz.) sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) Roquefort cheese
- 1 Clove garlic
- ¾ Cup Coca-Cola
- 2 Tablespoons soft margarine
- 1 Tablespoon grated onion
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Tabasco
- Grate cheddar cheese into large mixing bowl. Add crumbled Roquefort. Put garlic through a press; add to cheeses with 1/2 cup of the Coca-Cola and remaining ingredients. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Gradually add remaining Coca-Cola, then beat on high speed until mixture is fairly smooth, light and fluffy. Pack into covered container. Chill. Best if refrigerated overnight.
Makes about 3 cups. This dip keeps very well for a week or more.
- 2 Sticks butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cups cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans — optional
- Jar marshmallow creme
- Mix butter,2 eggs and cocoa together. Then,add and mix in vanilla
extract, 2 eggs,flour and pecans,if desired. Put into a greased 11 x 14″ pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from
oven. While cake is hot, spread 3/4 jar of marshmallow creme on top.
- 1 stick butter
- 6 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup medium chopped pecans
Mix and spread over marshmallow topping
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 4 oz can sliced mushrooms – drained
- 1 clove garlic — minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
4 whole peppercorns
Cream Sauce with Yogurt
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg — slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unflavored yogurt
- dash ground nutmeg
Makes approximately 8 tacos
- Brown turkey and onion in skilllet over medium heat. In Crock-Pot, combine turkey, onion, mushrooms, garlic, tomato paste, cooking wine, parsley, and salt.
- Tie pickling spices and pepperconrs ina cheesecloth bag or tea ball.
- Add to the Crock-Pot; cover and cook on Low 4 to 5 hours. Remove spice bag.
- Prepare C ream Sauce as directed below. Spoon 1/4 cup turkey misture into each taco shell. Top with Cream Sauce.
- In small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and salt. Gradually add milk, stirring continuously. Cook over low heat until thickened. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, combine egg,yogurt, and nutmeg. Stir into hot mixture. Return to heat and cook over low heat for 1 minute, stirring continuously.