- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pickled banana peppers, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp pickle juice from the jar of banana peppers
- juice from one fresh lime
- 1 tsp course salt
- Cut avocado in half and remove the stone. (save stone) Score each half section of avocado and scoop the flesh into a glass mixing bowl. (do not use metal as it will react with the lime juice leaving a metal taste) Using a small masher or fork, mash avocados, leaving them slightly chunky.
- Cut onion, red pepper and banana peppers into small pieces. (for this recipe I like to cut those small)
- Add banana pepper juice, freshly squeezed lime juice and salt.
- Stir everything together well.
- If you make your guacamole earlier in the day, to keep guacamole from turning brown in colour put the stone back into the mixture. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Guacamole is best served fresh the same day it’s made.