This is a great and quick dinner that is ready in no time flat. We aren’t a big fan of cilantro so I leave that out but I left it in as the original recipe called for it.
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced in 1/2-inch strips (about 20 oz)
- 12 oz uncooked spaghetti, broken in half (from 1-lb box)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias, white and green parts separated
- 1 package (3 1/2 oz) shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chile garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
In 5-quart Dutch oven, mix broth, chicken, spaghetti, bell pepper, green onion whites, mushrooms, butter, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and chile garlic sauce. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 11 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F), pasta is cooked and most of liquid is absorbed. Top with green onion greens, cilantro and sesame seed. Serve with additional soy sauce and chile garlic sauce, as desired.
This is so easy and fast to make. From the time you start to the time it is on the table is about 15 minutes. The guys love it.
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. beef stir-fry strips
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup Catalina Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh gingerroot
- 2-2/3 cups hot cooked instant white rice
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat; cook 3 min. or until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli, hoisin sauce, dressing and ginger; stir. Cover. Cook 5 min. or until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
This vegetable ramen noodles recipe is one of the meals that is easy to make for dinner and warms up a cold winter evening.
- 6 packs of ramen (seasoning removed)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 julienne carrots
- 2 red bell peppers; sliced into strips
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bundle of spring onions; chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic; grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Fill a pot with water and set to boil on medium heat.
- In a stir fry pan or wok, add in olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Add in snow peas, carrots, bell pepper, shiitake mushrooms, spring onions (chives saved to the side), and mung bean sprouts. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl and cover with foil.
- Add noodles to boiling water. Cook for no more than 3 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, add in grated ginger and garlic. Add in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and chili garlic sauce. Whisk well. Lower heat on stir fry pan or wok to low. Add in one tablespoon olive oil and add sauce to pan. Cook for about two minutes. Add in noodles and toss until well coated.
- Remove noodles to large bowl and toss with vegetables. Top with fresh chives and serve.