- 1 c Julienne strips of cooked beef, veal, or lamb
- 1 c Julienne strips of baked or boiled ham
- 1 tb Minced onion
- 6 tb salad oil
- 2 tb cider vinegar
- 1/2 ts pepper
- 1 t minced parsley
- 1/4 c heavy cream or sour cream
- 1 Hard boiled egg, sliced
- 1 Boiled or pickled beet, sliced
- Mix cut meats with onion. Beat together oil, vinegar, pepper and parsley. Stir cream into dressing. Mix with meats combining lightly. Garnish with sliced egg and beet.
Served as a main dish salad.
This easy Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is the perfect quick and easy dinner! It’s made in the skillet and takes only 20 minutes.
- 6 small chicken cutlets or breast filets
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices of deli ham
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- ½ cup white wine (can substitute chicken broth if desired)
- additional Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley can be used to garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine the Panko bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Coat the chicken with the bread crumb mixture pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, lidded skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the cutlets (working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding) and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. (Wipe skillet before repeating with remaining chicken pieces.)
- Return all of the chicken pieces to the skillet. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Gently pour the wine over the top of the chicken and cover with a lid. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a side salad, rice, or pasta.
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 12 eggs beaten
- 1 6oz. can diced green chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet.
- Sauté ham and green onions in butter.
- Add beaten eggs and diced green chili peppers
- Mix ingredients and cook until eggs are just set.
- Remove from heat and prepare cheese sauce.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy bottom pan.
- Add flour, salt and pepper to butter and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the 2 cups of milk gradually and blend well.
- Cook to a gentle boil.
- Add the grated cheese and mix well until cheese is melted.
- Add the cheese sauce to the egg mixture and fold in till combined.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased 9×12 casserole dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight until 30-40 minutes before you want to serve the dish
- Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Serve with fruit and muffins or toast.