It’s amazing to come home to a meal like this after a long day. Supper is ready, the house smells amazing, and on a cold winter day, you are able to have a hot meal within minutes.
- 2 chickens, about 2-1/2 pound | Cut into eighths
- 1 onion — chopped
- 2 garlic — chopped
- salt & white pepper to taste
- 1 green pepper — diced
- 1 medium ripe tomato, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in slow-cooker. Cover pot and set at low. Cook for 6 to 8 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Here is a recipe that is a perfect mid week night dinner. Quick and easy while you are rushing off to the next soccer game or music lesson.
It comes together quickly. Can be assembled ahead of time and baked when needed.
- 1 package of 6″ soft tortilla (8 in a package)
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef or chicken / turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 – 19 ounce / 540 ml can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 jar (about 2 cups) of medium salsa
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt (I used 1/4 cup of each)
- 2 cups low fat shredded Mozzarella, Cheddar Cheese or a combination of both (whatever kind you have on hand)
- Brown the beef with the onion and green pepper drain the fat if needed.
- Add the taco seasoning, water, beans, corn and salsa.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan layer a bit of salsa, tortilla shells, sour cream mixture, cheese, beef, and continue with repeating the layers. It should give 4 layers.
- Top with the final amount of cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for 20-30 minutes and all the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
- Serve with a fresh crisp salad.