Check out this rice noodles and shrimp salad filled with veggies that’s made quickly in 15 minutes.
- 3 oz uncooked rice stick noodles
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 1/2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 cups thinly sliced Chinese (napa) cabbage
- 3/4 lb cooked deveined peeled large shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups fresh snow pea pods, strings removed, cut diagonally in half
- Thinly sliced green onion, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired (gross)
- Cook noodles in boiling water 2 to 3 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir lime juice, fish sauce, peanut butter, sugar, gingerroot, soy sauce, oil and garlic with whisk until smooth; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together noodles, cabbage, shrimp and pea pods. Add dressing; toss well. Sprinkle individual servings with onions and cilantro.
Create a nacho grilled cheese buffet by setting all the ingredients out, and letting people choose the toppings they like. Or create mini grilled cheese by cutting them into little squares, making them perfect for dipping in salsa, sour cream or guacamole. To cook for a large group, use the oven at 450°F (230ºC), cooking for about 6 minutes on each side.
- 2 slices French bread
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- Tex Mex cheese
- 2 – 3 Tbsp cooked ground beef
- ⅛ tsp taco seasoning
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 4 – 5 cilantro leaves
- 1 slice tomato, diced
- ¼ avocado, diced
- 1 – 2 black olives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp black beans
- 1 – 2 slices jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 – 2 handfuls nacho-flavoured Doritos, crumbled
- 1 egg, scrambled
- If you don’t have any ground beef, cook that to your liking first (I just used salt, pepper and garlic). Now let’s start with the sandwich: crush all the Doritos and spread them on a plate, dip one side of each bread slice in the egg and then into the Doritos. Once you’ve done this, begin assembling the sandwich with sour cream on one slice and salsa on the other. Next place a layer of cheese on the bottom slice, then stack on the rest of ingredients and finish with another layer of cheese and your top slice.
- In a pan on medium heat, add some butter. Once that has melted, place your sandwich in, cooking each side until browned and the cheese is melting. You may want to cover your pan with a lid while it’s cooking to help the cheese melt, since there is so much stuff in the sandwich.
- Once everything is ooey gooey, slice it in half and enjoy all your favourite nacho toppings in one glorious sandwich. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can even make your own salsa and guacamole for dipping!
Yes, you can go and buy a massive bag of chicken enchiladas or you can make them easily yourself. Here is a quick and easy recipe to making homemade chicken enchiladas.
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso™ Traditional Chicken and Cheese Enchilada Soup
- 1 can (10 oz) hot or mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, stir together soup and enchilada sauce. Spread 1 cup soup mixture in ungreased 11×7-inch baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix 1 cup soup mixture with chicken and 1 cup of the cheese; reserve remaining soup mixture. On microwavable plate, stack tortillas and cover with paper towel; heat on High 1 minute to soften. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture along middle of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam sides down in baking dish with sauce.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle green onions on top. Bake about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly around edges.
Joe’s Crab Shack is one of my favorite restaurants but they aren’t in Canada. For those of you who love their favorite Blue Crab Dip Recipe, here is a copycat version of it that you will love.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups crabmeat (canned is fine)
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced mild red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon mild green chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Combine the cream cheese with crab, green onion, chili peppers, salt and white pepper in a medium bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of an ovensafe dish. Use a wide dish for this so that the dip is only about an inch deep in the bottom.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the surface of the dip.
- Broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese on top begins to brown.
- Sprinkle paprika over the dip, followed by fresh minced parsley. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers for dipping.
Serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer.
A fun recipe for a Friday night family movie night or for serving while having a bunch of people over for the big game.
- ¾ bag of your favorite type of crinkle cut fries.
- ¾ cup shredded Colby Jack cheese (shred it yourself for a creamer cheese)
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup to 1 cup ranch dressing
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 425.
- Spread fries onto baking sheet. Bake according to package directions.
- Cook bacon until crispy in skillet, drain on paper towel, and chop.
- When fries are crispy, remove from oven, season with salt and pepper. Pile fries into the center of the pan. Top with shredded cheese and bacon.
- Put back in oven for another 3-5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove and top with green onions. Serve with ranch on the side.
Pizza toppings are mixed and melted, then served with veggie dippers. A great way to eat those vegetables!
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped turkey pepperoni, (from 6-ounce package)
- 8 medium green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Broccoli flowerets, cherry tomatoes and carrot sticks, if desired
- Mix pizza sauce, pepperoni, onions, bell pepper and olives in 1 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until mixture is hot.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese and cream cheese until melted. Serve with vegetables for dipping. Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.