- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 lb grilling steak
- 1 cup whole baby carrots, cut into thin strips
- 4 oz fresh snow peas, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 box Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce,
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups hot cooked jasmine rice or Chinese-style noodles, cooked without salt
- Spray a 12″ (30 cm) skillet with cooking oil spray. Heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add beef and cook until beef is well browned,stirring often. Remove beef from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Add carrots,peas,onion,garlic and ginger to skillet. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir broth,soy sauce,red pepper flakes into skillet. Heat to a boil. Return beef to skillet and reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1/3 cup (75 mL) rice into each of 6 serving bowls. Divide soup mixture among bowls.
For a change of pace from regular rice,give jasmine rice a try. This type of rice,from Thailand,is aromatic and has a unique nut-like flavour.
- 3 ea Tomatoes; Medium, *
- 1/2 c Green Onions w/tops; Sliced
- 1/2 c Green Bell Pepper; Chopped
- 2 tb Lime Juice; Or To Taste
- 2 tb Cilantro; Fresh, Snipped
- 1 tb Jalapeno Chile; Finely Chop
- 1 ts Garlic; Finely Chopped
- 1/2 ts Salt
* Tomatoes should be seeded and chopped (about 3 cups total)
Mix all ingredients.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups Salsa.