- 2 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons sherry (can use cooking sherry)
- 1/2 cup processed cheese spread (or 1 cup grated cheese)
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- In a large fry pan, melt 1/4 cup (half of the full amount in ingredients) butter and add mushrooms. Fry until browned and the liquid from the mushrooms has reduced.
- Add the mushroom soup, sherry, and processed cheese spread. Stir together until heated through.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl or blender container, beat the eggs together with the milk until well combined.
- In a large fry pan, melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter on medium low heat. Add the beaten eggs and stir until the eggs are just barely cooked. They should be still a bit wet. Don’t overcook.
- Arrange the scrambled eggs evenly in a greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Add the mushrooms and then green onions.
- Pour warm mushroom soup mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar.
- Bake at 250 for 50 minutes.
Add cubed ham or farmer sausage on top of the scrambled eggs before adding the soup if desired.
- 1 c Julienne strips of cooked beef, veal, or lamb
- 1 c Julienne strips of baked or boiled ham
- 1 tb Minced onion
- 6 tb salad oil
- 2 tb cider vinegar
- 1/2 ts pepper
- 1 t minced parsley
- 1/4 c heavy cream or sour cream
- 1 Hard boiled egg, sliced
- 1 Boiled or pickled beet, sliced
- Mix cut meats with onion. Beat together oil, vinegar, pepper and parsley. Stir cream into dressing. Mix with meats combining lightly. Garnish with sliced egg and beet.
Served as a main dish salad.
1/4 c Skim Milk
- 1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- 2/3 c Skim Milk
- 2 lg Eggs, Separated
- 6 tb Sugar
- 1 tb Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 tb Vanilla
- 1 1/2 c Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/3 c Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/8 ts Cinnamon
Pour 1/4 cup skim milk into a blender container; sprinkle gelatin over milk; allow to soften for 5 minutes. Heat 2/3 cup skim milk to boiling point. Pour into blender bowl and blend until gelatin dissolves. Add egg yolks, 4 tb sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Blend at medium speed until well mixed. Add cottage cheese and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until thick. Beat egg whites; add remaining sugar and fold into chocolate mixture. Mix crumbs and cinnamon. Place in an 8″ pie pan. Carefully pour in chocolate mixture and refrigerate. \
Only 105 calories per serving.