Skip to content
- 1 Loaf Italian or French Bread
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bread in half, horizontally or leave it whole. Personally, I like leaving it whole, as I find the loaf absorbs the flavor of the garlic butter mixture.
- Press the garlic (or chop fine if you do not have a press). Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley together in a small bowl. Spread the garlic butter mixture over the top of the bread, or bread halves. Place on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. If you want to add some parmesan cheese, now is the perfect time. Sprinkle some parmesan over the bread and return to oven on the highest rack. Broil on high heat for 2-3 minutes until the edges of the bread begin to brown and the cheese (if added) begins to bubble. Watch carefully while broiling as the bread can easily burn.
- Remove from the oven and let the bread cool for a minute. Remove from the pan and serve whole, or make 1-inch thick slices. Serve immediately.