1/4 c Skim Milk
- 1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- 2/3 c Skim Milk
- 2 lg Eggs, Separated
- 6 tb Sugar
- 1 tb Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 tb Vanilla
- 1 1/2 c Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/3 c Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/8 ts Cinnamon
Pour 1/4 cup skim milk into a blender container; sprinkle gelatin over milk; allow to soften for 5 minutes. Heat 2/3 cup skim milk to boiling point. Pour into blender bowl and blend until gelatin dissolves. Add egg yolks, 4 tb sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Blend at medium speed until well mixed. Add cottage cheese and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until thick. Beat egg whites; add remaining sugar and fold into chocolate mixture. Mix crumbs and cinnamon. Place in an 8″ pie pan. Carefully pour in chocolate mixture and refrigerate. \
Only 105 calories per serving.
This is easy to prepare in advance and keep in the fridge until ready to bake. It can also be frozen unbaked and partially thawed overnight in the refrigerator before baking.
- 1 pound spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 cups prepared pasta sauce (use your favorite bottled variety or prepare your own)
- 2 cups creamed cottage cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until slightly underdone. Drain and rinse. Toss pasta with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook until meat is browned. (Use a potato masher to break up the lumps of meat while sautéing.) Add the garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté another minute. Stir in the pasta sauce.
- Spray 9″ x 13″ deep-dish casserole with cooking spray.
- Cover bottom with a layer of meat sauce (about half).
- Spread cottage cheese over sauce.
- Add the pasta and spread evenly in pan.
- Spoon remaining sauce over entire dish.
- Sprinkle surface with Parmesan cheese and top with mozzarella
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
A low-fat version of everyone’s favorite decadent dip. I tend to make this up and use it as a side dip for chicken wings.
- 1 1/2 cups small curd creamed cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium bell pepper
- Raw vegetables, for dipping
- Place all ingredients except bell pepper and raw vegetables in blender. Cover and blend on medium speed, stopping blender occasionally to scrape sides, until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Cut off top of bell pepper and hollow out. Spoon dip into pepper. Serve with raw vegetables.