Skip to content
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- Salted toasted pecan halves, if desired
- Heat oven to 400ºF. In food processor, place flour and butter. Cover; process until mixture looks like coarse meal. Add cheese and red pepper. Cover; process, using quick on-and-off motions, until combined. With food processor running, gradually pour water through feed tube; process just until dough forms a ball.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by tablespoonful’s 2 inches apart. Flatten each cookie with bottom of drinking glass; gently press 1 pecan half into center of each cookie.
- Bake 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Store cooled cookies tightly covered.
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (18 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spread pecans in ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown. Set aside.
- In 3-quart heavy saucepan, cook butter, baking chocolate and 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter and chocolate are melted. Remove from heat; cool.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture. Add chocolate mixture; beat well. Stir in toasted pecans and remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
- Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. Onto cookie sheets, drop dough by 2 tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart. Bake 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups green and red M&M’s™ milk chocolate candies
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until fluffy; scrape side of bowl. Beat in dry pudding mix. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until smooth. Beat in vanilla. On low speed, gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture until well blended. Stir in chocolate candies and white chips until blended.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container at room temperature.