Skip to content
- 1/2 c sugar (I’ve lessened it to 1/4 cup)
- 1 rounded Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c vinegar
- 1/2 c water
- 1 cup (light) sour cream (to add once cooled)
- In a saucepan, mix dry ingredients. Add egg and stir well.
- Stir in vinegar and water. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cool.
- Mix with 1 cup sour cream. Refrigerate until needed.
- Mix with shredded cabbage just before serving.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine prepared vegetables.
- Bring oil, vinegar, sugar and salt to boil and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour hot dressing over cabbage mixture and refrigerate until ready to use. It tastes best made at least 24 hours in advance and stays good for over a week.