Skip to content
1 Quart Clam Juice
- 1 Cup Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 1 14 Oz. Can Chicken Broth
- 2 Ribs Celery — chop fine
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Minced Onion
- 1 10 Oz. Can Clams — minced well
- Pn Dry Parsley Flakes
- 2 Baked Potatoes — peeled and crumbled
- In blender put clam juice, milk powder and flour, blending smooth.
- Pour into 2-1/2 qt saucepan and stir in chicken broth, stirring constantly on medium-high heat until thick and smooth.
- Turn heat to low. Stir in celery, onions, clams, parsley and potatoes.
- Keep on low heat up to an hour and season with salt and pepper.
- Freezes well.
- 1⁄3cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3garlic cloves (I added more!)
- 1lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2⁄3cup clam juice (or chicken broth)
- 1⁄3cup white wine
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; reduce heat to low. Simmer until garlic is tender.
- Add shrimp and cook over medium-low heat until opaque. Remove, reserve liquid in pan.
- Add clam juice (or chicken broth) and bring to a boil.
- Add wine; cook over medium high heat for three (3) minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; add cream, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese, stirring until smooth. Cook until thickened.
- Add shrimp back in to sauce. Heat thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients except pasta.
- Put pasta in a large bowl and pour sauce over pasta; toss gently to coat.
- Serve with additional grated parmesan cheese.