- 3 ea Tomatoes; Medium, *
- 1/2 c Green Onions w/tops; Sliced
- 1/2 c Green Bell Pepper; Chopped
- 2 tb Lime Juice; Or To Taste
- 2 tb Cilantro; Fresh, Snipped
- 1 tb Jalapeno Chile; Finely Chop
- 1 ts Garlic; Finely Chopped
- 1/2 ts Salt
* Tomatoes should be seeded and chopped (about 3 cups total)
Mix all ingredients.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups Salsa.
This is a great and quick dinner that is ready in no time flat. We aren’t a big fan of cilantro so I leave that out but I left it in as the original recipe called for it.
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced in 1/2-inch strips (about 20 oz)
- 12 oz uncooked spaghetti, broken in half (from 1-lb box)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias, white and green parts separated
- 1 package (3 1/2 oz) shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chile garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
In 5-quart Dutch oven, mix broth, chicken, spaghetti, bell pepper, green onion whites, mushrooms, butter, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and chile garlic sauce. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 11 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F), pasta is cooked and most of liquid is absorbed. Top with green onion greens, cilantro and sesame seed. Serve with additional soy sauce and chile garlic sauce, as desired.
It’s that time of year again, this is a delicious and easy soup that takes 5 minutes to throw into the crockpot and you have an amazing soup ready for dinner.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- green onions
- diced avocado
- tortilla strips
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, salsa, corn, black beans, water, cumin, and cilantro. Pour over the top of chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Place back into the slow cooker and add shredded cheese. Continue cooking until cheese has melted about 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings.