I think the credit to this recipe goes to my father-in-law who introduced the idea of a Kraft Dinner Sandwich to Jordon. Anyways, as funny as it sounds, it isn’t that bad tasting.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 slices KRAFT Singles
- 1 package of Kraft Dinner.
- Prepare the Kraft Dinner according to package directions
- Butter two slices of bread, and place butter side down in a skillet over medium-low heat
- Please a KRAFT single on each slice of bread until bread is lightly browned
- Place Mac&Cheese onto one bread slice, and place the other slice of bread on top
- Press together, and serve immediately
Create a nacho grilled cheese buffet by setting all the ingredients out, and letting people choose the toppings they like. Or create mini grilled cheese by cutting them into little squares, making them perfect for dipping in salsa, sour cream or guacamole. To cook for a large group, use the oven at 450°F (230ºC), cooking for about 6 minutes on each side.
- 2 slices French bread
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- Tex Mex cheese
- 2 – 3 Tbsp cooked ground beef
- ⅛ tsp taco seasoning
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 4 – 5 cilantro leaves
- 1 slice tomato, diced
- ¼ avocado, diced
- 1 – 2 black olives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp black beans
- 1 – 2 slices jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 – 2 handfuls nacho-flavoured Doritos, crumbled
- 1 egg, scrambled
- If you don’t have any ground beef, cook that to your liking first (I just used salt, pepper and garlic). Now let’s start with the sandwich: crush all the Doritos and spread them on a plate, dip one side of each bread slice in the egg and then into the Doritos. Once you’ve done this, begin assembling the sandwich with sour cream on one slice and salsa on the other. Next place a layer of cheese on the bottom slice, then stack on the rest of ingredients and finish with another layer of cheese and your top slice.
- In a pan on medium heat, add some butter. Once that has melted, place your sandwich in, cooking each side until browned and the cheese is melting. You may want to cover your pan with a lid while it’s cooking to help the cheese melt, since there is so much stuff in the sandwich.
- Once everything is ooey gooey, slice it in half and enjoy all your favourite nacho toppings in one glorious sandwich. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can even make your own salsa and guacamole for dipping!
At New York City’s Gorilla Cheese truck, their cheesy sandwiches stretch almost as long as the line-ups and customers go ape for their Triple Cream Brie and Smoked Gouda sandwiches.
- 2 slices white French bread (thick slices)
- 2 1/4″ slices of triple crème Brie
- 4 slices prosciutto (thin slices)
- 1 Tbsp strawberry preserve (generous Tbsp)
- Lay the sliced brie on both sides of sliced white French loaf, then spread a layer strawberry preserves and add thinly sliced Prosciutto.
- Brush with butter and cook in a Panini press for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8 white anchovies (see Note)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for cartilage
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 1/4 cup finely diced roasted red pepper
- 1/2 pound baby romaine lettuce leaves
- In a blender or mini processor, combine 4 of the anchovies with the garlic, vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and puree until smooth. With the machine on, add the olive oil and blend until incorporated. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper; add the Parmesan and blend briefly.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the crab, chives, tarragon and red pepper with the vinaigrette. Add the romaine and toss. Transfer to plates, top with the remaining 4 anchovies and serve.
Marinated white anchovies are available at Italian markets, specialty food stores and in the deli case at some supermarkets.