A savory curry sauce over pasta of your choice. This recipe is great for camping, since the only thing that needed refrigeration is the frozen pasta, and if you choose to use dried pasta, it would be even more camping friendly. You may wish to double the sauce recipe and eat it with crusty bread to dip.
- 1 can vegetable broth, chicken broth or beef broth
- 1/2 cup butter, divided in half
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (or more)
- 1 package pasta (I used frozen ravioli)
- 1 can unsweetened coconut cream (milk)
- 1 baguette
- Start sauce first, as it needs to simmer to thicken.
- Pour the can of broth into a medium sized pot and start simmering it.
- Carefully add 1/2 stick of butter, cut into chunks. Stir until melted.
- Add the curry powder, whisking to make sure there are no lumps.
- Sample the sauce to see if the flavor suits you or if you need to add more curry powder.
- In a separate pot, start making the pasta according to the package directions. Drain when done and add the remaining butter, stirring to coat.
- When the sauce has simmered for 5 or 10 minutes, carefully add the coconut cream.
- Sample the sauce again to be sure the flavor is right for you.
- Continue simmering the sauce, whisking occasionally, until it reaches the thickness you desire, or until you cannot stand waiting any longer.
- Serve the sauce over the pasta with a side of crusty bread to dip.