Melty cheese, smoky bacon and beer-battered bread make this grilled cheese the ultimate comfort food.
- 6 slices hickory-smoked bacon
- 4 slices rustic white bread
- 2 slices provolone cheese (3/4 oz each)
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese (3/4 oz each)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pale ale beer
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In 12-inch non-stick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel.
- On 2 of the bread slices, place 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese on each. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F. In shallow bowl, beat egg, beer, flour and chili powder with fork until smooth. Dip each sandwich into batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter; drain excess batter back into bowl.
- Melt butter on hot griddle. Place sandwiches on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- 1 can of beer (any brand will do)
- Smoked sausages (enough to fill crock pot)
- Cut each pound of smoked sausage into 4 pieces.
- Pour the beer in the bottom of the crock pot and pile in the sausage.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours, then switch to LOW until ready to serve.
Those who like a strong beer taste will want the pieces that actually bathed in the beer. The pieces toward the top of the crock pot will have a more delicate beery tang. During the 2 hours of cooking, the alcohol in the beer will evaporate completely, so the whole family can enjoy these.
- 1 c Julienne strips of cooked beef, veal, or lamb
- 1 c Julienne strips of baked or boiled ham
- 1 tb Minced onion
- 6 tb salad oil
- 2 tb cider vinegar
- 1/2 ts pepper
- 1 t minced parsley
- 1/4 c heavy cream or sour cream
- 1 Hard boiled egg, sliced
- 1 Boiled or pickled beet, sliced
- Mix cut meats with onion. Beat together oil, vinegar, pepper and parsley. Stir cream into dressing. Mix with meats combining lightly. Garnish with sliced egg and beet.
Served as a main dish salad.
Amazing addition to a charcuterie board.
- 1 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 tub (250 g) MacLaren’s Imperial Sharp Cold Pack Cheddar Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. LEA & PERRINS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup beer
- Mix ingredients until blended.