Skip to content
- 4 quarts water
- 2 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed (about 35 spears per lb)
- 2 packages (5.2 oz each) Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- To blanch asparagus, heat 4 quarts water (add 1 tablespoon salt, if desired) in 6-quart Dutch oven to boiling. Add asparagus; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove asparagus, and immediately immerse in bowl of ice cold water. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain well; pat dry with paper towels.
- Place asparagus spears in ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix Boursin™ cheese and whipping cream with whisk or fork until blended. Stir in Parmesan cheese; spread over asparagus. Top with tomatoes.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with thyme.
- 1 lb. (450 g) fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Light Grated Cheese
- Add asparagus to 2 cups boiling water in large skillet; cook 2 min. or until crisp-tender. Drain in colander.
- Heat dressing in same skillet on medium-high heat. Add asparagus; cook 1 min. or until heated through. Transfer to plate.
- Top with cheese.
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Thai green curry paste (could also use red or yellow Thai curry paste)
- 1 can (13 1/2 fl. oz./420 ml) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. Asian fish sauce
- 10-12 spears asparagus, blanched and trimmed in to 2-3-inch pieces
- Cooked or raw shrimp, thawed and trimmed of tails
- Thai or regular basil leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Blanch asparagus: Place flat on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 60-90 seconds. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into 2 – 3-inch pieces. Alternately, you can boil a bit of water over high heat in your wok and blanch asparagus for a minute or two in the water. Remove to cool, then cut. Discard water and continue with rest of recipe.
- Heat oil in wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper (if using raw shrimp, add now as well). Cook, stirring, until they soften. Add ginger and garlic and cook for another 30-45 seconds. Add curry paste and cook, stirring for 30-45 seconds. Add a few tablespoons of the cream from the top of the coconut milk and cook, stirring another 30 seconds. Add remainder of can of coconut milk, chicken broth and fish sauce. Add blanched and chopped asparagus and allow mixture to bubble away, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or so. Finally, add cooked shrimp and cook another few minutes to warm shrimp. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve, garnished with basil leaves and with a lime wedge for drizzling. Lovely serve with rice or over rice noodles.
- 4 tablespoons Crisco shortening
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 4 packages of frozen cut asparagus (10 oz)
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 8 Egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 5 cups of Milk
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoons of pepper
- 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- In medium saucepan melt Crisco; add onion and cook until tender.
- Add frozen asparagus and chicken broth; cook uncovered 10 minutes over high heat.
- Transfer mixture to blender and puree. (Or force mixture through a fine wire sieve.) Add beaten egg yolks.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Stir in milk, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Reheat before serving; DO NOT BOIL.
Makes 3 quarts.