- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 4 oz can sliced mushrooms – drained
- 1 clove garlic — minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
4 whole peppercorns
Cream Sauce with Yogurt
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg — slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unflavored yogurt
- dash ground nutmeg
Makes approximately 8 tacos
- Brown turkey and onion in skilllet over medium heat. In Crock-Pot, combine turkey, onion, mushrooms, garlic, tomato paste, cooking wine, parsley, and salt.
- Tie pickling spices and pepperconrs ina cheesecloth bag or tea ball.
- Add to the Crock-Pot; cover and cook on Low 4 to 5 hours. Remove spice bag.
- Prepare C ream Sauce as directed below. Spoon 1/4 cup turkey misture into each taco shell. Top with Cream Sauce.
- In small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and salt. Gradually add milk, stirring continuously. Cook over low heat until thickened. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, combine egg,yogurt, and nutmeg. Stir into hot mixture. Return to heat and cook over low heat for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
Jordon discovered fry sauce while in college where American students loved to have it with their fries.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Whisk together 1 cup mayonnaise plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, sugar, salt, paprika, ground mustard, and onion powder until smooth. Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Turn your oven to broil.
- Steam the potatoes according to the package directions.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the olive oil, salt, pepper and the minced garlic.
- Once the potatoes are done steaming place them on the baking sheet. Using a potato masher or the back or a spoon gently press the potatoes until flat.
- Using a spoon drizzle the olive oil mixture of the potatoes. Broil for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the gouda cheese on the potatoes. Return to the oven for 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
You can use any cheese you like for these potatoes-try sharp cheddar or mozzarella.