This easy to make sandwich is a huge hit on Sunday nights. Easy to make and fun way to end the weekend. Even better with a great soup or salad.
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices American cheese
- 1 cup (5 ounces) thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups salad greens
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with about 1 teaspoon butter.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce onto 1 slice bread, buttered-side down. Top with 1 slice cheese, 1/4pepperoni, 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped basil leaves, 1/2 cup salad greens, 1 slice cheese and 1 slice bread, buttered-side up.
- Heat 12-inch skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place 2 sandwiches into skillet; cook, turning once, 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Place remaining pizza sauce in bowl. Microwave 10-30 seconds or until heated through. Slice each sandwich in half. Serve sandwiches with warm pizza sauce for dipping.