You don’t have to eat out to enjoy a great-tasting Caesar salad.
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn into bite-size pieces (10 cups)
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Mix oil, lemon juice, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard and garlic in salad bowl.
- Add romaine; toss until coated. Sprinkle with croutons, cheese and pepper; toss.
Check out this rice noodles and shrimp salad filled with veggies that’s made quickly in 15 minutes.
- 3 oz uncooked rice stick noodles
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 1/2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 cups thinly sliced Chinese (napa) cabbage
- 3/4 lb cooked deveined peeled large shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups fresh snow pea pods, strings removed, cut diagonally in half
- Thinly sliced green onion, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired (gross)
- Cook noodles in boiling water 2 to 3 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir lime juice, fish sauce, peanut butter, sugar, gingerroot, soy sauce, oil and garlic with whisk until smooth; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together noodles, cabbage, shrimp and pea pods. Add dressing; toss well. Sprinkle individual servings with onions and cilantro.
- 1 c Julienne strips of cooked beef, veal, or lamb
- 1 c Julienne strips of baked or boiled ham
- 1 tb Minced onion
- 6 tb salad oil
- 2 tb cider vinegar
- 1/2 ts pepper
- 1 t minced parsley
- 1/4 c heavy cream or sour cream
- 1 Hard boiled egg, sliced
- 1 Boiled or pickled beet, sliced
- Mix cut meats with onion. Beat together oil, vinegar, pepper and parsley. Stir cream into dressing. Mix with meats combining lightly. Garnish with sliced egg and beet.
Served as a main dish salad.