Take a sip of this unbelievably rich hot chocolate and you’ll discover how great slow-cooking can be for hot chocolate.
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 (6-oz.) pkg. (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 quarts (8 cups) milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Whipped cream
- Miniature marshmallows
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate cookie crumbs
- In 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker, combine unsweetened chocolate, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk; mix well.
- Cover; cook on High setting for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- With wire whisk, stir in 2 cups of the milk until smooth. Gradually stir in remaining 6 cups milk and vanilla.
- Cover; cook on High setting an additional 2 hours or until hot.
- Just before serving, stir mixture again with wire whisk. Reduce heat setting to Low; have guests ladle hot chocolate into cups and top as desired.
Here is something to make your Christmas a little bit cheerier.
- 9 ea Egg yolks
- 3 ea Egg whites
- 1 1/2 c Super fine sugar
- 1 qt Whole milk
- 2 qt Heavy cream
- 1 pt Bourbon
- 8 oz Cognac
- 2 oz Dark rum
- Beat egg yolks until thick and pale yellow. Add sugar to yolks and beat adding milk and 1 quart of heavy cream. Add bourbon, rum and cognac while stirring. Beat the other quart of heavy cream and egg whites separately and fold into the mixture and add nutmeg on top.
- Makes 4 1/2 litres.