You don’t have to go to the Staples Centre to get this basketball and hockey night staple. You can make it at home.
- 1 lb. Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese
- 8 cups water
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ½ lb. macaroni pasta
- 2 cups aged sharp cheddar sauce
- ½ lb. shredded Parmesan
- ½ lb. shredded sharp cheddar
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 4 Hawaiian hot dog buns
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Yellow mustard
- Bacon crumbles
- Diced onions
- Warm Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese by following instructions on package.
- Pour 8 cups of water into a large saucepan, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, place macaroni in water and stir occasionally until tender.
- Remove pasta from water and drain.
- Place pasta back in the pan and add sharp cheddar sauce; stir until combined.
- Add shredded sharp cheddar and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Add warm Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese to pasta mixture.
- Cook hot dogs on flattop/grill.
- Melt butter in a skillet; once melted, place hot dog bun on skillet face up and toast both sides.
- Place cooked hot dog in bun.
- Top with mac and cheese mix, yellow mustard, bacon topping and diced onions.
- Serves four.