For those of you who didn’t get to the Saskatoon Ex this year, I posted this excellent recipe for Elephant Ears on The Cooking Blog back in 2006.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/2 pound fresh or thawed frozen medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large tomato, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the onion, pepper and Cajun seasoning in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir the soup, water and rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through and the rice is tender. Stir in the tomato and parsley, if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes.