For party time or a weeknight meal, this ground beef spin on the famous cheese steak sandwich is a winning way to feed a crowd fast.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak grill seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (from 15-oz can) tomato sauce
- 1 loaf (1 lb) French bread
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion and salt; stir to coat. Cook 14 to 18 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are golden brown. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in another 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; drain. Return to skillet with grill seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce. Heat to simmering; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In small microwavable bowl, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter uncovered in microwave. Slice bread in half lengthwise; scoop a little bread out of the top and bottom pieces of bread. Brush with melted butter; place on ungreased large cookie sheet cut side up. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Spoon beef mixture onto bottom piece of bread; top with cheese and pepper mixture. Place other half of bread on top. Cut into 12 slices, and serve.