Skip to content
- 5 tablespoons Sensations Extra Virgin 100% Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 11/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sensations Original Dijon Mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Romaine Hearts, cored, with leaves rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) Compliments Ripe Sliced Olives, drained
- 1/3 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 pound thin-cut, boneless New York Strip Steak
- Lightly Seasoned Croutons
- In a small bowl, whisk together 4 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and blue cheese. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch non-stick frying pan, heat remaining oil over high heat.
- Season steaks to taste with salt and pepper and add to pan. Cook until underside is well browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Turn steaks over and cook until meat is done to your liking, about 2 more minutes for rare.
- Transfer meat to a platter and let stand 2-3 minutes.
- Add croutons and balsamic dressing to lettuce mixture. Toss well then divide among dinner places.
- Thinly slice steaks crosswise and divide warm meat and pan juices among salads. Serve immediately