Skip to content
- 6 slices bacon (6 oz/175 g), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 carton (900 mL) vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 red or green chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pkg (8 oz/227 g) rice noodles (medium thickness)
- 1 cup (250 mL) bean sprouts, to serve
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed fresh basil leaves, to serve
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed fresh cilantro leaves, to serve
- 1 lime, sliced in wedges, to serve
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until crispy, about 5 min. Set aside on paper towel-lined plate.
- In large saucepan over high heat, mix 4 cups (1 L) water, broth, ginger, soy sauce and chili. Bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook 5 to 6 min., or until al dente.
- Divide noodles and broth among four bowls. Top with bacon, bean sprouts, basil and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.