Skip to content
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 bone-in whole turkey breast (5 to 6 lb), thawed if frozen
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, mix butter, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Using fingers, carefully loosen skin from turkey breast. Rub butter mixture under skin.
- Place turkey breast, skin side up, on rack in roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of breast and does not touch bone. Roast uncovered 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix syrup, orange juice and mustard. Brush one-third of mixture over turkey.
- Roast 50 minutes to 1 hour longer, brushing twice with remaining syrup mixture, until thermometer reads at least 165°F. Cover with foil; let stand 15 minutes for easiest carving.