Skip to content
- 2 pounds sirloin steak or boneless beef chuck roast, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- White rice, cooked, to serve
- In a slow cooker, whisk together the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Place slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, whisk together cornstarch and water in small bowl. Add this to the slow cooker and stir to mix well. Add the broccoli and gently stir to combine.
- Cover with lid and cook 30 minutes to cook broccoli and thicken sauce.
- Serve over warm white rice.