Skip to content
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed if necessary
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- sliced pepperoni
- In a large skillet brown the sausage, onion and garlic. Drain any grease.
- Add in the spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, water, oregano and basil. Stir to combine. Add in the pasta and carefully stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Top pasta with shredded cheeses and pepperoni. Place under broiler for 3-5 minutes or until cheeses are melted.