Skip to content
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 chicken breasts cut into strips or cubes
- 1 head cauliflower broken in flowerets
- 1 lime
- mango chutney optional
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil.
- When onions are softened, add all the spices. Cook for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the raw rice, tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add the raw chicken.
- Cook on medium or medium low for 20 minutes.
- The last 8 minutes, add broken cauliflower to the top of the pan. Close the lid and continue to cook until cauliflower is done.
- Serve with fresh lime and mango chutney.