- 14-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, cored and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of Tabasco hot sauce to taste
- Cut up stewed tomatoes and combine in saucepan with onions, fresh tomato, salt and pepper. Bring just to a boil. Lower heat and cook for 3 minutes. Put half of mixture through a blender to mince but not to puree. Return to remaining half of mixture. Cool and refrigerate tightly to use in a few weeks. Freezes well for 6 months.
- For hot salsa, add 1 teaspoon canned green chopped chilies or to taste.