- 3 thick rashers streaky bacon or pancetta, diced small
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- leftover turkey, chopped fairly small
- 200g/7oz fresh or frozen peas
- 2-3 tbsp double cream
- salt and pepper
- 200-300g tagliatelle, cooked according to packet instructions
- fresh parmesan
- In a heavy frying pan fry the bacon or pancetta until just crispy. Turn the heat down, then add the onions and garlic and cook gently until soft but not coloured.
- Add the peas and a splash of water and allow to bubble for a couple of minutes. When the pan is almost dry again add the turkey and heat through.
- Add the cream and season well with salt and black pepper. Allow to bubble until the cream has reduced a little and the sauce has a nice coating consistency.
- Serve tossed with the cooked tagliatelle, with plenty of fresh grated parmesan on the table.