This Jell-O salad can replace the cranberry sauce that goes with your turkey.
- 1 can (14 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 large (6 oz) pkg cranberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 diced Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apple
- 1 – 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small (3 oz) pkg cranberry Jello (optional)
- Empty cranberry sauce into 5 or 6 cup serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve Jello in boiling water. Stir well. Add cold water.
- Stir dissolved jello into cranberries.
- Add apple, celery and walnuts.
- Refrigerate several hours until firm.
Note: Once jelled, I like to top it off with a thin layer of Jell-O – since the fruit tends to float to the top and stick out slightly. This Jell-O salad layers itself.