Skip to content
- 1/4 c Vegetable oil
- 1/4 c Flour,all-purpose
- 1 c Water,hot
- 1 lb Shrimp,shelled/deveined
- 1 lb Fish fillets,fresh,1″ cubes
- 1 cn Tomato sauce (8oz)
- 1/2 c Parsley,chopped
- 1/4 c Green bell pepper,chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves,finely chopped
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Thyme
- 1 pn Cayenne pepper
- 1 Lemon slice,seeded
- 3 c Rice,hot cooked
- Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet; blend in flour, stirring constantly, until brown (be careful not to scorch).
- Add water gradually and cook until thick and smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice; cover and simmer 12 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and lemon slice.
- Serve spooned over hot cooked rice.