Skip to content
- 1medium onion, thinly sliced
- 12cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4cup red wine
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2cup milk
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2tablespoons chives
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onions and mushrooms until the mushrooms are a nice, rich brown, then season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with wine, scraping up all the tasty brown bits. Let the alcohol cook off.
- Stir in Worcestershire, milk and mustard. The mixture will thicken up quickly.
- Gloss the sauce by dropping the butter into the pan in small chunks and letting it melt. When all the butter is melted, give the pan a final stir.
- When you plate the patties, spoon the onion mushroom sauce over each patty.