I ordered this at The Woods Ale House recently and have been craving it ever since.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced fine
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups canned artichokes, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Add garlic and onions and saute over medium heat until they begin to sizzle but not brown.
- Add spinach and cream. Stir and cook until spinach wilts and cooks down. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes and add to the creamed spinach mixture, stirring until cream cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and add artichokes, roasted red peppers, and remaining 2 cheeses.
- Stir well until cheeses have melted.
- Pour this mixture into a low oven proof dish.
- Bake at 375º for 20 minutes or until dip is hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot, with pita chips, naan bread, or crackers.