Skip to content
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 slices country Italian bread
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and ground black pepper
- In large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, turning occasionally. Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, toast bread. Halve cherry tomatoes. Break bacon in 2-inch pieces. On plates layer toast, romaine, tomatoes, bacon, and blue cheese.
- For vinaigrette, in screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, sugar, and mustard. Shake well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette on salads. Makes 4 servings.